Volunteer opportunities for all ages – Join Us!
Ways YOU can be Involved
• Attend our Work/Play Days and help build our Summer Show!
• Be a Performer Volunteer for our Summer Show! (we have all the volunteers we need for the 2023 season – thank you!)
• Be a Front of House Volunteer for our Summer Show! (we have all the volunteers we need for the 2023 season – thank you!)
• Spread the word on social media!
• Become an Intern and help us build our Summer Extravaganza! (internship opportunities for the 2024 season will be offered in early apring)
WE NEED YOU!
Details: Begin in May and reoccur each Saturday through July. 10:00 am – 5:00 pm. We’ll keep you posted on upcoming volunteer opportunities – be sure to see our latest news on social media! Note that the 2023 studio days are over – thanks to everyone who helped out!
Check our Calendar for exact days and times.
Come to our Paperhand Studio in Saxapahaw! Peek behind the scenes at how our puppets are created. Donate your time and talents while helping create our massive summer show. Lend us your creative eye and share your playful spirit. Drop in for as much, or as little, time as you’re able.
Paperhand Puppet Studio
6079 Saxapahaw-Swepsonville Rd
Saxapahaw, NC 27340
10:00 am- 5:00 pm
Spend the Day! After Work/Play, attend Saturdays in Saxapahaw – food, farmers market, live music! FREE!
Summer Show: Performer Volunteers & Front of House Volunteers
We create grand shows (and grand puppets!), which require the help of extra volunteers to help us pull it all off!
We have all of the volunteers we need for the 2023 season – thank you to everyone who has reached out to be involved in this way. If you weren’t able to be involved this year, we hope you’ll consider doing so in 2024!
Spread the Word
Paperhand relies on supporters like you to help spread the word about performances and events. Help distribute fliers, post about us, share our events your social media or talk us up on your daily adventures! Thank you for sharing the puppet love!
Each year we have positions for up to 10 interns to help with our summer production. Interns assist with puppet building throughout the summer and may choose to perform as puppeteers in the show. We are looking for people with a desire to learn and a great attitude!
Interested? Please send a letter of interest and some sort of portfolio to us by email no later than March 15th.
Work conditions: We have a great time getting dirty and sweaty while making art. There is no air conditioning in our fantastic studio, but we do have fans!
Time commitment: About mid-May to early August. Exact dates depend on the year. Interns might also be invited to take part in the summer show occurring August-Mid September.
Weekly schedule: For 2023, interns will attend the Paperhand studio builds, which take place every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday from 10 am to 5 pm starting May 9th until opening night. The shows are every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from August 4th (opening) until September 24.
Weekly schedule: Tues – Thurs and Sat, 10 am- 5 pm
Studio location: Paperhand Puppet Intervention Studio
6079 Saxapahaw Swepsonville Rd
Saxapahaw, NC 27340
To apply for Paperhand internship: Send a letter of interest by e-mail to Donovan Zimmerman at email@example.com by March 15.
Include in Letter of Interest:
• What inspires your connection to puppetry and your desire to work in this field?
• Your background as well as any information you feel is important.
• Your familiarity with and interest in Paperhand Puppet Intervention.
• What you intend to bring to Paperhand.
• What you intend to walk away with at the completion of the internship.
• Your phone number, email address and mailing address.